Saturday, December 25, 2010

Baby its HOT outside :)

Nativity at St. Mary's Cathedral

Yes those are roos on the tree
 Merry Christmas everyone!!  Doesn't feel like Christmas at all in this weather but I will take it.  Christmas Eve was pretty nice... I did have to work but as soon as I got off work I headed down to Darling Harbour for carols and fireworks which were spectacular!  Then we headed over to St. Mary's Cathedral for midnight mass.  They had a projection system on the outside of the Cathedral that was absolutely breathtaking.  I stood out there for about 15 minutes just mesmerized by it... it highlighted the architecture so beautifully.  There were about 4,000 people there and they served communion to everyone which I just couldn't believe! The whole church was PACKED with standing room only... people just kept piling in, but we got a pretty good spot on the floor near the pulpit.  And a girl got up and let us have her seat a little bit into the service because she goes there all the time and wanted us to experience the service properly from a pew.  That's Christmas right there!  It was a VERY traditional mass and a lot of it was in Latin, but the experience was nice and finally put me in the Christmas spirit.  We caught the bus home and by request from a random Aussie, sang Christmas carols and tried to get the bus to join in unsuccessfully.  And in a strange twist, a girl sitting right behind us was from Jonesboro, AR!  We got home around 2:30am and since it was technically Christmas already I went ahead and opened my presents :)  My family is so awesome!!


 
Christmas "morning"

Coogee Beach first thing on Christmas morning
Christmas morning I had to work (again) but it wasn't bad because BridgeClimb caters in a huge meal for all the poor suckers who have to work.  Everyone was in the Christmas spirit so it made work go by pretty fast.... I love my co-workers! Got home around 4 and the girls were all on the balcony enjoying the beautiful day and the beautiful view of the beach.  We had a ton of people over for our Orphan Christmas Potluck and it was a blast.  Went down to a pavilion right near our place had a little barbie and drinks to celebrate the holidays in true Aussie style!  Spending Christmas day in a bikini on the beach is defiantly a departure from the norm!  The group in the pavilion next to us even brought a refrigerator and stereo that they had run an extension cord from our neighbors apartment.... people are serious about their Christmas barbies here and the beach was PACKED.  All in all I'd say my summer Christmas was a success :)
Some of the orphans at our pavilion

tater-cicle!
My friend from work, Nana!
Marie, Ann Marie and I... 3 of the 4 roomies
Jen in the holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment